Online Radio and Advertising
The popularity that the Internet radio enjoys today is not just limited to teenagers, as even the elderly also enjoy listening to it. The Internet has been widely instrumental in connecting the world in more than one way. It allows people to communicate, shop online, learn many different subjects online and do many more things.
It is not too long ago that people were dependent on the local radio for news and other information. Thankfully, those days are over now, and the Internet has facilitated an instant communication that we never imagined earlier.
It was during the mid 90s that the Internet radio started growing, and it had a phenomenal growth, as small and big commercial radio stations started appearing worldwide. It is difficult to ignore today’s radio as a powerful medium for advertising, since the Internet connects millions of people worldwide. Many businesses having realized its potential are already exploiting this novel medium for advertising their product and services.
An ever-increasing number of companies are introducing new channels, giving to their listeners an opportunity to convey their feelings with these radio stations playing music through varied programs, as per the interest of listeners. Now, one can enjoy listening to the latest and even the unreleased albums of their favorite singers from any corner of the world, as long as it has the facility of the net. You can also find the details concerning any particular singer or the writer of the song.
Those people who love sports can listen to live commentary of any ongoing cricket or football match. It is quite usual for radio stations to employ online radio jockeys, who easily connect with the audience while allowing the listeners to convey their opinion or post their comments on the Internet.
Advantages of Internet radio advertising for business owners
- It enables you to target your audience for advertising the services and products you may be offering.
- You can get a variety of radio stations to choose from, offering various formats, from oldies to rock, and from talks to news, as required by your business.
- Advertising through radio is far more economical than advertising through TV, and radio ads are easier and quicker to fabricate. Your audience need not wait for the forthcoming issues, as in case of magazine ads.
- You can get a wider reach, irrespective of your geographical location, as long as your audience has an Internet connection.
Limitations of the Internet radio advertising
- Anybody can simply modify your ad and use the same for their purpose. Since these ads are of very short duration, you need to condense your ad without sacrificing its content.
- Radio ads may have noises appearing in the background, prompting you to run your ad more frequently to make it effective for your prospective clients.
- As most businesses are interested to advertise during morning and / or evening hours, you may be required to pay more for advertising your business during those hours.