Coorg is a rural district of Karnataka. Coorg is also known by the name of Kodagu. It is covered by misty hills, sandalwood forests and lush teak wood and hence it is called the ‘Scotland of India’ and the ‘Kashmir of South India”. Coorg is the perfect destination for the family trip, adventure and lot more.
The places to stay and explore the beauty of Coorg are as follows:
1. If adventure is the main agenda of the trip then Jungle Coorg Homestay is the apt place to stay. It is a backwater resort in Kushalnagar. The resort is amidst coffee plantation and has a number of outdoor and indoor activities from candlelight dinner to table tennis, swimming to the campfire with live music and much more.
2. If relaxing and to immerse in the picturesque beauty of the place is the main agenda then Old Kent Estates is the apt place to stay. The lodge features 200-acre coffee plantation with varieties of flowering plants, individual Coorg cottages with private garden and the signature Old Kent Spa theories.
3. If the budget is tight and still want to experience the beauty of Coorg then three-star homestay in Coorg is an ideal place to stay. It is set amidst a green landscape and with its spa and other facilities which makes the visitor’s experience a delightful one.
4. If relaxing in the hotel and to take rest from the monotony and tedious routine of daily life is the agenda then Parampara Resort and Spa is an ideal place located Kudgie. The resort has many facilities including 15 spa therapy along with many outdoor and indoor activities, dance floor, bar and dining.
5. If exploring Coorg is the main criteria then Magnolia Estates is an ideal place to stay and admire the typical Coorg architecture. The resort lies on the edge of Coorg and Karnataka and the 100-acre land is filled with flora and fauna, exotic birds and coffee plantation.
6. If having an extravagant experience is the agenda then staying at Evolve Back is the best option. The resort is situated in a lush 300-acre plantation paradise offering own cottages with personal swimming pool and deck chairs. The place offers exclusive dining facilities like Machan, a treetop gourmet meal; By the lake, a romantic dining with the loved one and much more.
Apart from staying in a comfortable place a holiday also constitutes trying new food and visiting exotic places. The famous places to see are Mallalli falls, Namdroing Monetary, Dubare Elephant camp, Abbey falls, Bylakuppe, Mandalpatri viewpoint, Baropole river and Tradiandamol trek.
The famous Coorg cuisine includes steamed rice balls, coorg coffee, bamboo shoot fry and Akko rotis.