Barclays app down: What to do and how to stay safe
The Barclays app is one of the most popular mobile banking apps in the UK, with over 10 million users. However, like any other app, it is not immune to technical problems. From time to time, the Barclays app may go down, making it impossible for customers to access their accounts.
If you are a Barclays customer and you are having trouble accessing the app, there are a few things you can do:
- Check the Barclays service status page. This page will tell you if the app is down for everyone or if there is a problem with your account specifically.
- Try restarting your phone. This can sometimes fix minor technical issues.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the Barclays app. You can check for updates in the App Store or Google Play.
- Try logging in from a different device. If you are able to log in from another device, then the problem is likely with your phone.
- Contact Barclays customer support. They can help you troubleshoot the problem and get back into your account.
If the Barclays app is down for everyone, there is not much you can do but wait for Barclays to fix the problem. However, there are a few things you can do to stay safe in the meantime:
- Do not try to log in to your Barclays account through any other website or app. This could put your account at risk of fraud.
- Be wary of any emails or text messages that you receive from Barclays. Phishing scammers often take advantage of app outages to try to trick people into revealing their personal information.
- If you need to access your money urgently, you can try using a different payment method, such as a debit or credit card from a different bank.
Barclays usually works quickly to resolve any app outages. However, if you are having trouble accessing your account for more than 24 hours, you should contact Barclays customer support.
Here are some additional tips for staying safe when the Barclays app is down:
- Be careful about what information you share online. Do not give out your personal information, such as your account number or password, to anyone, even if they claim to be from Barclays.
- Be wary of any links that you receive in emails or text messages. Phishing scammers often send links to fake websites that look like the Barclays website. If you are unsure whether a link is legitimate, do not click on it.
- Keep your software up to date. Make sure that you are using the latest versions of your operating system and security software. This will help to protect you from known vulnerabilities.
If you have any concerns about the security of your Barclays account, you should contact Barclays customer support immediately.